Tuscany Day Tour from Rome provides a stunning tour of Tuscany’s countryside, Montepulciano, Montalcino and Pienza, with lunch and wine tasting. The Rome to Tuscany day tour includes transportation, lunch, and tours of a few of Tuscany’s picturesque hill towns.
Rome to Tuscany Day Tour Price:
- Price $180 per person
- Start Time 7AM
- Duration of tour: 13 hours
Tuscany Day Tour Includes:
- Roundtrip Transport in air conditioned coach;
- Visit and tour of Montepulciano;
- 3-Course lunch on Tuscan Farm
- Visit Montalcino for Brunello wine tasting;
- Enjoy a stroll in Pienze;
- Guided tour of Montepulciano in groups no larger than 25;
- Souvenir map to help you make the most of your free time;
- Gourmet Lunch & Wine tasting at an authentic Tuscan farm;
- Tour assistant providing assistant and commentary throughout the day in English; and
- Infants under 3 travel for free and require reservation.
Tuscany Day Tour Information
A heart moving tour of magnificent Tuscan countryside starts in Rome in Piazza del Popolo where an air conditioned coach will depart at 7.30 and drive you directly to the Etruscan town of Montepulciano. Here we will see the Duomo, the main square and the Punch Tower that rings every hour. A visit to the medieval wells and still used wine cellars will ensue before having a little spare time for photographs.
We then board our coach again and head for the world-famous vines in Montalcino where one of Italy’s best wines is produced: the Brunello di Montalcino. We will visit the abbey of Sant’Antimo and with a little luck we will hear the choir singing ancient Gregorian chants. Bearing in mind the vineyards we have seen, we will be able to sample the Brunello at a farm we will reach with another short coach transfer, together with a typical 3 course lunch, followed by professional guided wine tasting.
Pienza will be our next stop, the town nestled in Tuscan hills in which the ancient architecture blends in a spectacular way. We will have our own map and free time to walk through the narrow streets and appreciate the magnificent pecorino cheese, a boast to the town’s tradition. Back on the coach, look at the countryside fly past you as you return to the Eternal City, with a memory full of scents, colors, tastes and sounds you have experienced in this unique one day tour of Tuscany.