This 2-night Parma tour package is designed as a short escape to Parma, to savor the excellent cuisine and local products of this area such as Prosciutto di Parma and Parmigiano Reggiano among other excellent specialties. Parma is also a historical and artistic town, very enjoyable and worth a visit.
Food Tour Parma Italy Includes:
- Two hotel nights including breakfast – Hotel Palace Maria Luigia (or similar)
- Private transfer from Bologna to Parma (available private transfer from Florence at additional cost)
- Full day driver and tour guide at disposal on day 2 with drop off at Bologna station (Florence drop off at additional cost)
- Dinner in typical restaurant in Parma
- Entrance fees for Farnese theater, Baptistery during Parma city tour.
- Visit and tasting at Parmigiano Reggiano cheese factory
- Visit and tasting at Prosciutto di Parma factory
Parma Tour Itinerary
Day 1: Benvenuti a Parma
Pick-up at train station in Bologna. Transfer by private car or minibus to hotel in Parma. Arrival and accommodation in hotel. Time at leisure. Dinner at restaurant featuring local cuisine. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2: Parma
Breakfast at the hotel. Then travel by private car to visit a dairy farm producing Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Little tasting of Parmigiano Reggiano and chance to purchase directly from the producer vacuum-sealed Parmigiano Regianno to bring home with you.
Transfer back and tour of Parma’s old-town center: Farnese Theatre, Cathedral, Baptistery, St John’s Church. (Optional visit to Arturo Toscanini Birth House or of interesting House of Music and House of Sound).
Lunch in Parma (typical Verdi haunt).
Afternoon, transfer towards the hills, production area of Parma Ham with visit to a Prosciutto di Parma production plant with tasting.
Day 3 Parma
Optional: visit to the Torrechiara Castle or to the Fondazione Magnani Rocca villa, garden and amazing paintings gallery.
Departure to Bologna and drop off at train station (transfer to Florence available at additional cost).