The 8-Day one week Sicily tour is the perfect short trip to Sicily. The one week Sicily tour visits Sicily’s sightseeing highlights. Enjoy overnights in Palermo, Agrigento, Syracuse, and Taormina. Additionally, this one week Sicily tour includes excursions to Mt. Etna and Catania. This all-inclusive one week Sicily tour package may be booked with airfare from your city and includes 6-nights in comfortable accommodations.
One Week Sicily Tour Map
One Week Sicily Tour Sightseeing Highlights
- Visit the Palermo cathedral
- Excursion to Monreale to visit the UNESCO Arab Norman Cathedral of Monreale
- Visit UNESCO archaeological area
- Guided walking tour of the Valley of Temples
- Visit of the UNESCO Villa Romana del Casale
- Learn about the Sicilican Baroque architecture
- Visit ancient Greek city Siracusa
- Guided visit of the archaeological site
- Visit the UNESCO Rocky Necropolis of Pantica
- Mount Etna excursion
- Orientation of the hill-top town
- Farewell dinner at a local restaurant
For more information about Sicily’s sightseeing highlights click here.
One Week Sicily Tour Package Includes:
- 6 nights in Sicily first class accommodations
- 2 nights Palermo
- 1 Night Agrigento
- 1 night Syracuse
- 2 nights Taormina Riviera
- 9 meals: 6 buffet breakfasts, 3 dinners with wine
- Sicily Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking Italy tour manager throughout
- Museum and sight entrance fees including skip the line tickets
- Airport transfers when the one week Sicily tour is booked with air
Palermo 2 Nights – Central Palace Hotel Federicao II
Agrigento 1 Night – Grand Hotel Mose
Syracuse 1 Night – Mercure Siracusa Prometeo
Taormina Riviera 2 Nights – Hellenia Yachting Hotel Giardini Naxos
Optional tours are not included. They may be booked through tour director in Italy.
HIDDEN GEMS OF PALERMO
Sightseeing along the sea, walk through the picturesque narrow streets. Finish your tour enjoying a sweet pastry in an historical Palazzo.
Enjoy a typical Sicilian gastronomic dinner in beautiful surroundings with spectacular views.
One Week Sicily Tour Package Daily Itinerary
The one week Sicily tour tour itinerary includes overnights in Sicily’s most popular destinations. Moreover, enjoy excursions to Palermo, Taormina, and Agrigento on this one week trip through Sicily.
DAY 1 – Depart the USA
Depart the United States for trip to Sicily, Italy. Typically your flight will be overnight. Enjoy dinner and breakfast on board the airplane. Most flights include in flight entertainment too.
DAY 2 – Arrive in Palermo
Upon arrival in Palermo your Sicily vacation with airfare includes the airport transfer to your hotel. Freshen up and then get out and enjoy the balance of your first day in Palermo independently. This evening you’ll meet your Sicily tour manager and accompanying vacation guests at a welcome cocktail and dinner at the hotel with one week Sicily tour orientation.
DAY 3 – Monreale Cathedral & Palermo Old City Tour
Today in Palermo you’ll visit the sightseeing highlights including Piazza Bellini, Capo Market, Church of the Immocolata, and the Palermo Cathedral. Then, take short excursion to Monreale. There you’ll visit the Norman Cathedral. The Byzantine and Sicilian mosaics draw travelers from all over the world. Afterward, you have time at leisure back in Palermo on join an optional tour.
Optional: Sicilian Walk
DAY 4 – Agrigento
From Palermo you’ll travel to Agrigento, where a local specialist guide will take you for a spectacular walk through the magnificent Valley of the Temples. During the Magna Grecia era Sicily was the center of ancient Greek civilization. Likewise, the Valley of the Temples in Agrigento is the site of eight ancient Greek Temples. You’ll tour this archaeological site that dates back to 400 B.C. These ancient Greek Temples are among the best surviving in the world. Above all, these Temples have survived 24 centuries of Sicily’s tormented history.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
DAY 5 – Piazza Armerina Tour
Today the tour continues to Piazza Armerina where you will visit the Villa Romana del Casale. Above all, this is where the largest and most complex collection of Ancient Roman mosaics are located. As result, this site is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Here you’ll have time to admire the many ancient Roman mosacis. Among the collection is the the famous “bikini girls” mosaic. Then, after the tour of the Villa Romana, the tour continues on to Syracuse. Siracusa, as is its Greek name, was considered by ancient Greeks to be the most beautiful of its ancient cities. Finally, your day ends here with an overnight.
DAY 6 – Syracuse and Catania
Today you’ll tour Syracuse’s archaeological site for a guided visit of the 5th-century-BC Greek Theater, the Garden of Paradise, the Ear of Dionysus, the Altar of Hieron II, the Roman Amphitheater, and the Cordmaker’s Cave. After the tour of Syracuse the tour continues to Catania, where you may enjoy some free time in its historic center. You will also be treated to a tasting of Arancino tasting, which is an authentic Sicilian fried stuffed rice ball, one of Sicily’s most famous street foods. Then its on to the Taormina Riviera where you’ll spend the next two nights..
Optional: Sicilian Dinner
DAY 7 – Mt. Etna & Taormina
In the morning enjoy an included excursion to Mount Etna, the largest active volcano in Europe. After Mt. Etna you’ll visit the hilltop of Taormina. In the evening, enjoy a farewell dinner at a local Sicilian restaurant where you’ll enjoy an authentic Sicilian dinner.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Day 8 – Departure from Sicily
Today the tour ends with breakfast. Transfer to the Catania airport after a fantastic one week Sicily tour taking home memories that’ll last a lifetime.
To book your One Week Sicily Tour Package submit form or call ItalianTourism.us 800-227-1577
If you are interested in a Sicily tour that includes Southern Italy and ends in Rome check out the 12 Day Sicily to Rome guided tour.
For more Sicily vacation options click Sicily tours packages.
- $7,690+: 11-Day Rome, Southern Italy, Sicily, Malta Luxury Italy Cruise Tour
- 12-Day Malta and Sicily Tour Package
- 18-Day Sicily and Italy Tour
- 15-Day Sicily, Venice, Florence, Rome Italy Tour
- 9-Day Sicily Tour
- $2,399+ 12-Day Southern Italy Tour Package – Sicily to Rome
- $4,990: 11-Day Luxury Sicily Tour Package
- 15-Day Rome, Southern Italy and Sicily Tour
- $3,699: 15-Day Rome to Sicily Tour
- 9-Day Glorious Sicily Escorted Tour
- Italy and Sicily Tour
- 10-Day Sicily In-Depth Tour Leisurely Pace
- 14-Day Sicily and Malta Tour
- 11-Day Grand Sicilian Tour
- Small Group Sicily tour