The 10-Day Sicily in-depth tour is a splendid leisurely paced trip through Sicily’s sightseeing highlights. With 4 nights in Palermo and 4 nights in Catania the tour provides plenty of time to relax in each Sicilian city. The leisurely paced tour itinerary provides time to stroll around independently between scheduled tours and excursions in Palermo and Catania. The leisurely paced Sicily tour highlights include excursions to visit local farms and dinners in authentic local restaurants. The expert Sicily tour guides will introduce you to the island’s rich history. The Sicily in-depth tour itinerary visits Agrigento, Catania, Cefalu, Monreale, Palermo, Siracusa, and Taormina. Along the way, you’ll discover the blending of cultures that makes Sicily a living testament of the Mediterranean’s history and various cultures. Families, friends, groups, and singles will all enjoy history’s great civilizations coming to life on this 10-Day Sicily in-depth tour. Submit the form or call 800.227.1577 for the price of this leisurely-paced Sicily escorted tour with airfare from your preferred departure city and for more tour information.
10-Day Sicily In-Depth Tour Itinerary Map
Leisurely Pace Sicily In-depth Tour Sightseeing Highlights:
- Spend 4 nights each in Sicily’s vibrant cities, Palermo and Catania, and explore the island’s most impressive sights.
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage sites: Palermo, Catania, Agrigento, Siracusa, and the cathedrals of Cefalù and Monreale.
- Be amazed by the Greek Theatre and the Duomo in Taormina.
- Visit a medieval palace where a countess welcomes you.
- Stop in Monreale to visit the stunning 12th-century cathedral.
- Journey to the beautiful seaside town of Cefalù.
- Discover Norman architecture in Cefalu, Monreale, and Palermo
- Explore the ancient Greeks in Agrigento, Taormina, and Siracusa
- Siracusa walk through the Paradise Quarry gardens, listen to the acoustics in the mysterious ear of Dionysius and visit the Greek amphitheater.
- Siracusa: Explore the ancient streets and delightful squares.
- Visit Sicily’s Colosseum in Siracusa
- Agrigento: Join a local expert who will guide you through the Temples of Juno, Concorde and Hercules, some of the best preserved Greek temples in the world.
- See the world’s finest Byzantine mosaics in Monreale
- Visit the Greek and Roman Gods in Agrigento’s Valley of the Temples
- Cefalu: See the Cathedral and walk down to the medieval stone fountain in the old fishermen’s quarter.
- Palermo: Local guide escorts you to sightseeing highlights.
- Taormina: Visit the Greek Theater and stroll Corso Umberto.
Leisurely Sicily In-depth Tour Includes:
- 8 nights luxury accommodations in Palermo and Catania
- Meals: Breakfast daily, 4 dinners, 1 lunch.
- Inclusive Sicily tour includes airport transfers, tours, entrance fees, and meals per itinerary.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and restroom. It’s business class comfort.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights without missing any of your local expert’s fascinating insights and commentaries.
- Baggage handling everywhere, with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel.
- Hotel and restaurant tips included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
Leisurely Sicily In-depth Tour Accommodations:
- Palermo 4 Nights – Grand Hotel Piazza Borsa
- Catania 4 Night – Una Hotel Palace
Leisurely Sicily In-depth Optional Tours:
Day Trip to Erice from Palermo – $60
Enjoy a full day excursion from Palermo to Erice, a medieval town originally founded by the Phoenicians. Erice is located at the top of a mountain at an elevation of 2,400 feet. You’ll have time to stroll around its cobblestone streets and savor the big views of the valley and sea below.
Mount Etna Exploration – $70
This half-day excursion travels from Catania to Mt. Etna. This towering mountain is Europe’s largest active volcano. The day includes a stop at a Mt Etna winery to enjoy lunch and taste wine crafted from grapes grown right on Mt. Etna.
Leisurely Sicily In-depth Tour Day-by-Day Itinerary
Travel through Mediterranean history meeting the ancient Greeks, ancient Romans, Byzantines, Normans, Carthaginians, crusaders, Bourbons, and Ottomans on this leisurely trip through Sicily’s sightseeing highlights. e Sicily escorted tour. This Sicily in-depth tour provides authentic Sicilian experiences including visiting a local countess, businessmen, and meals in restaurants. The day-by-day itinerary provides time for your expert Sicily tour guide to bring you through its rich history and culture.
Day 1 Overnight Flight to Palermo
Depart the United States on your overnight flight to Sicily.
Day 2 Palermo, Italy – Tour Begins
Arrive in Palermo. Check-in to your hotel. Then get out and enjoy Sicily’s colorful capital. This evening you’ll meet your tour director and like-minded travelers at a welcome dinner.
Day 3 Palermo – Monreale – Palermo
This morning the day begins in Palermo with an escorted tour of its sightseeing highlights. Palermo’s picturesque piazzas the Quattro Canti, Piazza Pretoria, and Piazza Bellini. The architecture will introduce you to Sicily’s mosaic of cultural influences that include Moorish, Norman and Spanish Baroque styles. The tour also visits the Palace of the Normans and La Martorana Church, and visit the cathedral that houses the impressive Imperial Crown of Constance of Aragon. After Palermo the tour continues to Monreale where you will visit the 12th-century Norman cathedral.
Day 4 Palermo
This morning you have time to stroll around Palermo at your leisure. Enjoy an authentic Sicilian espresso at one of the many cafes. Alternatively, you may choose to join a full-day optional tour to Erice. Later this afternoon you’ll visit a medieval palace where a countess welcomes you on a tour of her family’s home. Experience the life of the nobility as you join her for an aperitif and hors d’oeuvres in one of the palace’s historic chambers. Then the group will visit a local restaurant for an authentic Sicilian dinner.
Meals: Breakfast & Dinner
Day 5 Palermo – Cefalù – Sicilian Countryside – Palermo
Today drive along the coast from Palermo to Cefalù, where one of finest cathedrals in Sicily is located.. You’ll have time to stroll the streets and enjoy the central square. After the tour continue to a local farm, where a farmer shows you how to make authentic ricotta cheese. There you’ll enjoy an authentic Sicilian lunch prepared by a local chef using the farm’s products. This afternoon the tour returns to Palermo where you’ll have the remainder of the afternoon and evening to enjoy Palermo at leisure.
Meals: Breakfast & Lunch
Day 6 Palermo – Agrigento – Catania
This morning the tour continues from Palermo around Sicily’s coast to Agrigento. Start your day at the Valley of the Temples, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Enjoy a guided tour and learn about the rich history as you walk around the temples of Juno, Concordia, Hercules and Jupiter. After touring Agrigento you’ll continue to Catania, located at the foot of Mt. Etna on the Ionian Coast. This evening you’ll enjoy a dinner with the group and then settle in for four nights.
Meals: Breakfast & Dinner
Day 7 Catania
This morning a local guide shares Catania’s history. Explore the city’s stunning cathedral and get acquainted with the various sites throughout the city. Witness the daily spectacle of bartering for fresh fish and produce when you visit the local market. Enjoy free time in Catania’s elegant center. Afterward, you may wish to sign up for an optional excursion to Mount Etna.
Day 8 Catania – Siracusa – Catania
Depart Catania and venture farther south to Siracusa. Reflect on the grandeur of ancient Greece during an included excursion to the historical sites in Siracusa, boasting archaeological treasures rivaling those in Athens. A local expert guides you through the Archaeological Park of Neapolis which features an impressive collection of Greek and Roman antiquities. Afterward, make a stop at a rural estate. Feel like you have stepped back in time as you explore the stunning gardens and landscape; then enjoy a regional treat with the owners.
Day 9 Catania – Taormina – Catania
Explore Taormina, the jewel of Sicily, perched above the Ionian Sea. During a guided tour you will be amazed by the Greek Theatre, the Duomo and the spectacular public gardens. Spend the afternoon dining at a sidewalk café or shopping in the town’s boutiques. On your return to Catania, travel along the Cyclops Coast, passing vineyards, citrus groves and charming fishing villages. This evening, enjoy a farewell dinner in one of Catania’s charming trattorie serenaded by music from local musicians.
Meals: Breakfast & Dinner
Day 10 Catania – Tour Ends
Your tour of Sicily comes to a close as you return home with many cherished memories.
For more Sicily vacation options click Sicily tours packages.