ItalianTourism.us brings you a very special Giuseppe Verdi Opera Festival Tour with opera and fine tastings tour package designed around the Parma Festival Verdi 2015.
Known for its fine food like Prosciutto di Parma, its famous son Pavarotti, its famous cars Ferrari and Maserati, and more, the Emilia Romagna region of Italy is full of all the finer things in life.
Giuseppe Verdi, who was one of the most famous music composers in history, was from Parma. It is a perfect occasion to experience an Opera concert in the land of origin and visit a very pretty and charming town in northern Italy. During your stay in Parma you will be able to savor the famous Prosciutto and Parmigiano cheese, you will also dine in a local restaurant and discover why Emilia Romagna is the region in Italy famous for the excellent cuisine among other attractions.
If you will not be in Italy during October for the 2015 Giuseppe Verdi Opera Festival and are looking for a Parma tour click 2 Days in Parma tour package to experience the fine food and traditions of Parma.
Day 1: Welcome to Parma and Opera
Pick-up at train station in Bologna. Transfer by private car or minibus to hotel in Parma. Arrival and accommodation in hotel. Time to rest and prepare for the Theatre.At about 07.00pm, leave on foot for the theater. At 08.00pm the starts Opera representation at the Teatro Regio di Parma or at the Teatro Farnese. Dinner after-theater featuring local Parma cuisine after concert at Restaurant in town. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2: Parma
Breakfast at the hotel. At 08.15 Meeting with the guide at the hotel in Parma. Transfer by private transfer, car or minibus. 09.00am Visit to a dairy farm producing Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (only within 09.00 o’clock you have the chance to see the production system). Little tasting of Parmigiano Reggiano and chance to purchase typical products directly from the producer. Transfer back and tour of Parma’s old-town centre: Farnese Theatre, Cathedral, Baptistery, St John’s Church. (Optional= visit to Arturo Toscanini Birth House or of interesting House of Music and House of Sound). Lunch in Parma (typical Verdi haunt). Afternoon, transfer towards the hills, production area of Parma Ham with visit to a Prosciutto di Parma production plant with tasting. Departure to Bologna and drop off at train station (transfer to Florence available at additional cost). Optional: visit to the Torrechiara Castle or to the Fondazione Magnani Rocca villa, garden and amazing paintings gallery.
- One hotel night including breakfast – Hotel Palace Maria Luigia (or similar)
- Private transfer from Bologna to Parma (available private transfer from Florence at additional cost)
- Full day driver and tour guide at disposal on day 2 with drop off at Bologna station (Florence drop off at additional cost)
- Dinner in typical restaurant in Parma after Opera
- Entrance fees for Farnese theater, Baptistery during Parma city tour.
- Visit and tasting at Parmigiano Reggiano cheese factory
- Visit and tasting at Prosciutto di Parma factory
- Lunch at typical restaurant in Parma
- OPERA TICKETS AVAILABLE FROM EURO 50 PER PERSON TO EURO 250 + BOOKING FEE. PLEASE INQUIRE FOR DETAILS.
Looking for a tour of Parma without the opera check out our 2 Days in Parma tour package so you may experience the fine food and traditions of Parma.